- Cash for Car NZ (“Cash for Car NZ” or “us” or “we”) is a business of Behsood Limited T/A Japanese Car Collection. This policy covers how Behsood Limited and its subsidiaries and Cash for Car NZ (collectively, “Behsood”) treats personal information that Cash for Car NZ collects and receives, including information related to your past use of Cash for Car NZ services. Personal information is information about you that is personally identifiable, such as your name, address, email address, or phone number, and that is not otherwise publicly available.
- This policy does not apply to the practices of companies that Cash for Car NZ does not own or control, or to people that Cash for Car NZ does not employ or manage.
Information Collection and Use
- Cash for Car NZ collects personal information when you sell a vehicle to or request a quote from Cash for Car NZ or one of our affiliates.
- When you request a quote or sell a vehicle to Cash for Car NZ, we may ask for information such as your name, address, email address, phone number, pin code, and other information related to the vehicle. Once you contact us and use our services, you are not anonymous to us.
- Cash for Car NZ collects information about your transactions with us, including information relating to vehicles you sell through us or our affiliates.
- Cash for Car NZ automatically receives and records information on our server logs regarding your sessions on Cash for Car NZ websites or through the websites and related cookie information.
- Cash for Car NZ uses information for the following general purposes: to contact you to facilitate your vehicle sale or to provide you with a vehicle quote, to coordinate any title transfer and ownership of the vehicle, and to comply with laws and regulations related to vehicle sales by you.
Information Sharing and Disclosure
- Cash for Car NZ does not rent, sell, or share personal information about you with other people or non-affiliated companies except to (i) provide products or services you’ve requested, (ii) when we have your permission, or (iii) under the following circumstances:
- We provide the information to trusted partners who work on behalf of or with Cash for Car NZ under confidentiality agreements. These companies may use your personal information to help Cash for Car NZ communicate with you about offers from Cash for Car NZ. However, these companies do not have any independent right to share this information;
- We provide the information in response to summons, court orders, or legal process, or to establish or exercise our legal rights or defend against legal claims, or upon receipt of a request from law enforcement;
- If we are unable to make an offer on your vehicle, we provide the information to a third party who may contact you to market their products or services to you. If you do not want us to share your personal information with these third parties, please contact our customer service desk at firstname.lastname@example.org;
- Cash for Car NZ does not otherwise share personal information with third parties unless doing so is appropriate to carry out a user’s request or it reasonably believes that doing so is legally required or is in Cash for Car NZ’s interest to protect its property or other legal rights or the rights or property of others;
- We transfer information about you to Behsood, any other affiliates as necessary for title and transfer processing, and to NZTA as required by law.
International Visitors and Customers
- This website is hosted in the New Zealand. If you are visiting from other countries with laws governing data collection and use that may differ from New Zealand law, please note that you are transferring your personal data to the New Zealand which does not have the same data protection laws as the other countries and by providing your personal data you consent to:
- the transfer of your personal data to the New Zealand as indicated above.
Online Tracking Information and “Do Not Track” Signals
- When you visit this site, other parties such as third-party advertising partners and analytics providers may collect information about your online activity over time and across websites. This information may include identifiers that may permit those parties to serve tailored ads to your computer. Note that your browser settings may allow you to automatically transmit a “Do Not Track” signal to websites and online services you visit. There is no consensus among industry participants as to what “Do Not Track” means in this context. Like many websites and online services, Cash for Car NZ currently does not alter its practices when it receives a “Do Not Track” signal from a visitor’s browser.
Cookies and Web Beacons
- Our website may contain electronic images known as Web Beacons (sometimes called single-pixel gifs) and are used along with cookies to compile aggregated statistics to analyze how our site is used. Web Beacons may be used in some of our emails to let us know which emails and links have been opened by recipients. This allows us to gauge the effectiveness of our customer communications and marketing campaigns. Our website may also contain Web Beacons that are set by our third party partners. Web Beacons are used along with cookies enabling our partners to compile aggregated statistics to analyze how our site is used. We use a third party to gather information about how you and others use our website. For example, we will know how many users access a specific page and which links they clicked on. We use this aggregated information to understand and optimize how our site is used.
Third Party Websites
- Our website may include links to other websites whose privacy policies may differ from ours. I you submit personal information to any of these websites, your information is governed by their privacy policies. We encourage you to read the privacy policies of any website you visit.
- We reserve the right to send you certain communications relating to Cash for Car NZ services, including but not limited to notifications, service announcements, and administrative messages without offering you the opportunity to opt-out of receiving them. Should you choose not to receive certain communications your access to or use of certain services may not be possible.
- Cash for Car NZ may store your account information active in our databases indefinitely following the termination of your account with Cash for Car NZ to the maximum extent permitted by law.
Confidentiality and Security
- We limit access to personal information about you to employees who we believe reasonably need to come into contact with that information to provide products or services to you or in order to do their jobs.
- We have physical, electronic, and procedural safeguards that comply with federal regulations to protect personal information about you.
- If Cash for Car NZ learns of a security systems breach we may attempt to notify you electronically so that you can take appropriate protective steps. By using this website or providing personal information to us you agree that we can communicate with you electronically regarding security, privacy and administrative issues relating to your use of this website. Cash for Car NZ may post a notice on our website if a security breach occurs. Cash for Car NZ may also send an email to you at the email address you have provided to us in these circumstances. Depending on where you live, you may have a legal right to receive notice of a security breach in writing. To receive free written notice of a security breach (or to withdraw your consent from receiving electronic notice) you should notify us at info@Cash for Car NZ.
- Cash for Car NZ takes your security seriously and takes reasonable steps to protect your information. No data transmission over the Internet or information storage technology can be guaranteed to be 100% secure. The following is a summary of the measures Cash for Car NZ takes to protect your information and descriptions of ways we implement these measures for different types of information you may provide to us:
- Secure Socket Layer (SSL) – Cash for Car NZ uses SSL (Secure Socket Layer) encryption when transmitting certain kinds of information, such as personal information. An icon resembling a padlock is displayed on the bottom of most browsers window during SSL. The information you provide will be stored securely on our servers.
- Vendors and Partners – Cash for Car NZ works with vendors and partners to protect the security and privacy of user information.
- Employee and Contractor Access to Information – Cash for Car NZ limits access to personal information about you to those employees who we reasonably believe need to come into contact with that information to provide products or services to you or in order to do their jobs.
- Education and Training for Employees – Cash for Car NZ has implemented a company-wide education and training program about security that is required of every Cash for Car NZ employee.
Update Your Information or Pose a Question or Suggestion
- If you would like to update or correct any information that you have provided to use through your use of Cash for Car NZ service or otherwise, please contact Member Services at email@example.com for assistance.
Cash for Car NZ
6 Woodward Street
Frankton, Hamilton – 3204
Effective Date: 11-May-2016
Last Updated: 11-May-2016